Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The real world

Well firstly would just like to say i haven't been around much as i decided that i would be nice and go in and do overtime at work today.

Normally i only work 6am till 9:45am Tues and thurs. While 7 1/2 hours doesn't seem much i also had uni to contend with until last week. Now i have decided to work overtime in order to gain extra spending money for my hols. I have however been working until 1pm. I am also thinking that it will help to prepare me for the real world in July.

Although i am 21 i have never worked full time even in the hoidays. I left 6th form and headed straight to uni. The maximum hours i have ever worked is 21. However, i know that i need to enter that big wild world sooner or later but have tried to hold back as long as possible and i am waiting until after my hols before applying for any jobs. I certinley not looking forward to it at all but i guess its a fact of life, unless i win the lottery some day.

I wouldn't mind work as long as it was a job i loved.

Comments:
I would imagine that overtime in your job can be particularly mind-numbing although you must atleast be able to daydream about scrapping whilst pushing your trolley around!

Hopefully when you do get a 37.5 hour job it will be one that you love!

xxx
 
Thats what i am hoping for mandy
 
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?